Join us in our Community-Building work!
Communications & Program Coordinator
Applications due 3/5/2019
We are looking for someone passionate about communications, community organizing, permaculture and movement building to work part-time (10-12 hours/week) out of our downtown Oakland coworking office space, with occasional field work.
- Online communications, including newsletter writing, website content management, graphic design for publications, database management and social media
Program support for our membership model, the Circle of Collaborators. Support will includes:
- Monthly webinars and introductory meetings
- Outreach events, including tabling and attendance at various members’ events
Our ideal candidate would have:
- At least two years of experience with online communications tools and administrative work, including newsletter writing, database management, designing promotional publications and website content management.
- Experience working with underserved communities on the front lines of climate justice.
- Understanding of and passion for permaculture design and sustainability desired.
- Flexibility and willingness to attend events that further your understanding of this field.
- Facilitation and public speaking skills.
Salary: $1000 per month, 10-12 hours per week (with opportunities for increased hours, pending meeting our fundraising goals). Ideally, we would love to hire someone who currently a member of our Circle of Collaborators, and/or works part-time at a social or environmental justice organization. People of of color, women and LGBTQ encouraged to apply.
Please send a cover letter detailing your interest in this position, resume, writing sample and three references to: firstname.lastname@example.org.
The deadline to apply is March 5th, 2019.