Our vision is to create a network of homes, schools and neighborhood centers that are Demonstration Sites for community resilience, and are better prepared for natural disasters, climate change and other stresses in our community. The Resilient Hubs Initiative is a collaboration with Daily Acts.
The Initiative will Include:
- Online support to guide individuals in creating Resilient Hubs, including Resource Guides, case studies and inspiring stories
- Organizing and funding to supports community building activities to build out elements of Resilient Hubs, prioritizing marginalized communities. Our vision is that local governments and private donors alike will help to support Resilient Hubs.
- Directories of individuals, non-profit organizations and businesses who support Resilient Hubs
We are pleased to be pilot testing the Resilient Hubs Initiative in 2018 in the East Bay, thanks to the support of EBMUD (East Bay Municipal Utilities District) Water Conservation Program, Water Education Foundation and Threshold Foundation’s Thriving Resilient Communities Collaboratory. Our Pilot Testing includes:
- Mini-grants to our Resilient Hubs sites, to organize work parties that build out bioswales, rain water catchment systems and other water conservation features
- Profiles about the Resilient Sites, and stories about the amazing individuals behind the sites
- A tour and workshop to showcase the sites
- DIY Resilient Hubs
See our our many sites below.